Thursday, January 7, 2016

Praying for you Poppy card

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a coloring book page. I colored in the page a couple of weeks ago and just LOVE how it turned out. I wasn't sure if Copics would work on the page but it did pretty well. So, you don't need to always stamp an image--there's tons of adult coloring books available now which could easily be turned into cards when you're done coloring. Here's my card:

The coloring, although it did take some time to complete, was very relaxing! I loved seeing the different contrasts coming up as I layered more and more color. The sentiment is a little hard to see on the picture. It says "Praying for You" and it's from Simon Says Stamp!. I actually die cut it three times and glued them all together so that it's really thick on the card. The other detail that is hard to see in the picture is the glossy accents that I added to the petals and to the center of the flowers. This will be a sympathy card and I thought the rain drops would add a touch of sadness to the beauty of the flowers. I mounted the panel on black cardstock and then to a white card base and the card was done.

I'll be entering the card on several sites. Apparently, several sites have the same challenge--to use something "new" or celebrate something "new". Well, it's the first time I'm using my coloring book on a card and the die (which I LOVE) is also new.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge--Something New
Simon Says Monday Challenge--Something New
Cute Card Thursday--Hey, What's New? challenge
Word Art Wednesday--Anything goes challenge

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a totally clever idea to incorporate coloring book pages into your cards! I got a coloring book for Christmas and frankly didn't know what to do with it....other than the obvious coloring. But this post has opened up a whole new realm of possibilities! Thanks for sharing your work and ideas with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These poppies are colored so beautifully, wow! And the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my goodness such wonderful colouring. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Pat :-) I love the poppies, so pretty and I love that it was a page in a colouring book! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous...The coloring is awesome! We are so blessed you joined our Challenge weeks ago and would love for you to join our new Challenge still ongoing at Word Art Wednesday. Want to leave you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 which says, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. " Have a lovely week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!