Monday, January 19, 2015

You're an 11!

Hi all!

After quite the break from crafting, I'm here to finally share a card. Although I haven't been making many cards, I have been taking the Copic marker class from Online Card Classes and having tons of fun coloring. Here's my card:

Today's card has tons of color and a couple techniques, too. First off, the background. I used several different distress inks to make the background. I used the ink pads to smear some color on my nonstick mat and then sprayed the ink so that I could use the colors as a watercolor wash. The colors, though, weren't as deep as I wanted them to be. I'd pounce the paper back into the color but I wasn't getting the deep blue I had hoped for. So, once I did several watercolor layers, I added some dark blue distress ink with the blending tool on the corners. I also wanted to tie in some red since the bird has some red so that was done with the blending tool, too. I then cut out a circle using a die cut and positioned the sentiment where I wanted it. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp!'s Apothecary Labels.

The bird was colored in using Copic markers. Like I mentioned, I have been taking the online class and I've loved it. There were some images provided so I fussy cut the bird and used the image. I used dimensional tape to adhere him and added some navy blue strips along the background paper, too.

Such a fun, inky, colorful card to make!

Here's the sites I'll be entering the card in:
Word Art Wednesday--"anything goes"
Send A Smile 4 Kids--a great site that provides handmade cards to kids--"anything goes" challenge

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. I really do like how the color wash background turned out even though you feel it should be darker. I like the way the colors mixed but didn't get muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Trude. I love this background and I really like how the red picks up the color in the birds breast. Thanks for sharing this with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids for the ATG challenge. Hope you'll join us again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!