Monday, January 26, 2015

Best and Warmest of Wishes

Hi friends!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. For those of us on the West Coast, we're enjoying much warmer than normal temperatures. But I know most of the East Coast is gearing up for quite the snow storm. Stay warm and safe!

I'm sharing a card today that I'm quite excited about! I asked my husband to buy me the Copic Online Card Class for Christmas. I've been watching videos ever since. My Copic collection isn't large and I've been so frustrated trying to learn the techniques. But the classes are really very helpful. As is true for everything else in life, the more you practice, the easier it will become. And I'm enjoying coloring more and more. So, although I'm no expert, I'm thrilled to share a card using my Copics!

Here's my card:
I stamped the image using Memento Black ink and the stamp is from Penny Black. I colored in the image using Copic markers. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp! (Apothecary Labels). I trimmed down the image panel and added some black strips just to add some interest to the card. The card was then adhered to red cardstock (Hero Arts) and the card was done. I contemplated adding gems and Wink of Stella...but I decided to just leave it alone and let the coloring take center stage. Sometimes, less is more.

If you want to learn how to use your Copics, I highly recommend taking the Online Card Class offered. I've watched the videos many times now and even my 10 year old son is learning how to blend and shade because of the videos.

Here are the websites I'll be entering the card in:
Word Art Wednesday--"Anything Goes" challenge
Cute Card Thursday--"Colourful" challenge
Runway Inspired Challenge--Carven (see image below for the inspiration. I used the bright colors with black as the inspiration.)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome Copic colouring! No wonder you're excited! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and beautiful. I just love the colored card base to accent your gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!