Thursday, October 2, 2014

Not the Years but the Mileage!

Hi friends!

I'm stopping in to share a card. I got a new stamp set and I LOVE it! I'll be entering the card in the Simon Says Wednesday challenge and the Word Art Wednesday challenge site, too. Simon challenged us to have some form of transportation on our card and the Word Art site has an "anything goes" challenge every week. Here's my card:
This is a Hampton Arts stamp set that I bought at Michaels the other day. The images are so cute and the sentiments are hilarious! On the inside of the card, the sentiment reads, "It's not the years that count. It's the mileage!" :)

I stamped the image and heat embossed it on watercolor paper. Then I used my inktense watercolor pencils to color in the image. Once it was dry, I added some additional shading to certain areas with my distress markers--these two mediums play very well together! I then fussy cut the image and worked on the front of the card. I stamped the cloud by using a rocking technique. I covered the stamp with the lighter blue shade and then rocked the darker blue shade gently all around the edges--love the dimension it gives the clouds! The big banner was part of the set and I stamped and fussy cut that, too. I used dimensional tape on both the image and banner. Finally, I added some star dust stickles to the propeller and the white trim right under the pilot's arm. If you enjoy coloring, this is a fun image.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful job, Pat. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week. Please stop by again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fun day, full of creativity, with buckets of blessings as you work, and play.
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super adorable! So fun! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!