Saturday, September 20, 2014

A card inspired by Manolo Blahnik?

Yes, indeed! Although Manolo Blahnik is known for creating shoes that women swoon over, he's now crossed over to inspire the cardmaking world! :) Using the picture of the shoes as inspiration, I had a lot of fun creating this card! I'll also be entering it in the Runway Inspired Challenge since they're the ones that had the idea of using the shoes. And I'll be entering it in the Word Art Wednesday site with their "anything goes" challenge. Below you'll find the card and the photo inspiration.


I wanted to use the color inspiration for this card. Also, the heels are so high that I wanted to make the card have an upward design. The stamp is from Hero Arts (Lattice) and I used my distress markers (dusty concord, ripe persimmon, antique linen) to color in the stamp using water on watercolor paper. I then matted the image by scribbling ripe persimmon distress ink on white cardstock. I also spritzed some water mixed with perfect pearls so that you can see a shimmer on the card. The sentiment was heat embossed and it's from Hampton Arts. Since every girl likes some bling, I added just a few purple gems and the card was done!

Using pictures for inspiration is one of my favorite ways to be challenged. LOVED this challenge! And there's still tons of time to play along.

Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining our 150th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I thank God for your participation and I pray you will have a day filled with joy.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great using the distress marker...I dont have the marker I only have the distress ink and have similar color like you said on your post..lovely using the Hero Arts stamp and lovely coloring too..sweet card for runway inspired challenge...great interpretation :) my card is # 17 if you see the challenge gallery...would be happy if you could visiting me back and leave me some love...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore your soft coloring- looks great with that lattice stamp! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome watercolouring - really evokes the pattern of the shoe! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!