Friday, April 4, 2014

Thinking of You

Hi friends!

Just a quick post to share a card I made last night. I'm entering the card at the Unscripted Sketches site because they provided the fun sketch for the card. Here's the card and sketch.

I really wanted to use some perfect pearls for this one layer card. So, I chose a butterfly stamp (Teresa Collins) and a flourish (not sure which brand of stamps) and used the blue perfect pearl dust. I made sure to put some antistatic powder all over the card first, though, so that the perfect pearls wouldn't stick to anything except the image. After I added the perfect pearls, I used a swiffer dust rag to get the excess powder off and then used a slight mist on the card to set the pearls. I wanted a bit more color, though, so I put a small amount of red and gold perfect pearls on my work surface, added a bit of water to both of them and used my stylus to add some "random" dots and some gold on the butterfly. Super quick card to make--but a lot of fun b/c of the perfect pearls. There's tons of shine to this simple card.


Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!