Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi friends!

Happy Friday! I'm here to share a card I made last night. Have you ever had an idea in your head for a card but haven't been able to find the time to craft? That was me this week! I had the idea tossing around all week but it wasn't til last night that I was able to see if my idea worked or not. I'm entering the card in a few challenges. Much to my surprise, the sketch featured on the Seize the Sketch site was very similar to the idea I had in my head! I tweaked my idea just a bit to use the sketch. Also, the Simon Wednesday Challenge site (from Simon Says Stamp!) had a challenge where we had to use a product that they currently carry in their store. Finally, the Word Art Wednesday site has an "anything goes" challenge. The free Scripture download for this week is one of my favorites, too, so make sure to check them out. Below is my card and the sketch:
I LOVE this die from Simon Says Stamp! It's the Fresh Daisies die and it's so delicate and beautiful. I used paper from DCWV's "Luxury Stack" and put the die cut piece into the main panel. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts and I embossed it in silver. The butterfly was added for a pop of color and it's from the dollar store--love using things all different places! I used a scallop punch from Fiskars and then added some gems to show the trail of the butterfly. Can't wait to give this card to a very special friend tonight!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Pat

5 comments:

  1. So pretty - love the embossing and the pretty butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card says so much with so little. Is less more? The butterfly is gorgeous.
    Thank you for taking time to post this beautiful artwork with us this week at WAW. Please join us on our Facebook page for lots of fun, prizes and inspiration.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Pat, so elegant and pretty and the Fresh Daisies die is a favourite of mine :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty interpretation of the sketch - I really lie your flower on that bg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love how the flower looks pieced on the main panel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!