Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday color challenge

Hi everyone! I'm popping in quickly to share a card I made for the Annabelle Stamps blog. This is one of those sites that I've followed for awhile but haven't had the chance to play along with. So I was excited to have a bit of time over the weekend to try this color challenge. Here's my card and you'll find the color challenge badge below, too.
I started out using my Hero Arts "Friend" stamp and stamped it in mustard seed distress ink. I then took the Hero Arts cling stamp "Large Blossom" and embossed that with clear embossing powder. The rest of the card was colored in using my distress inks and some foam applicators. It's one of my favorite techniques b/c of the look it gives! The sentiment is from a dollar bin at a LSS and I mounted it on half of a spellbinders label die. The most time consuming part is the coloring--but it's also the part I love the most!

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to join us at AnnaBelle Stamps, your card is stunning, I just love how you have used these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, just beautiful!!
    TFS :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colouring - congrats on your top 3 pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!