Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"You are loved" card

Hi friends!

I'm playing around with another sketch from the Summer Card Camp 2 class today. I got some new dies from Wplus9 and making baby cards has just gotten so much easier! So, here's my card:

I don't know where the pattern paper is from (got it as a prize from a LSS) but the cute onesie die is from Wplus9. I LOVE this die! It's so much easier to make baby cards now! The sketch is from the card class and I loved it! I chose to use the Simon Says Stamp! stamp and die called "You". I realized, quickly, that the cut out word needed to be a bit thicker so that it could stand out a bit more. So, I layered the word on 2 more pieces of white cardstock. Now it's more of a chipboard thickness. I used the "are loved" stamp on the onesies. I cut the stamp (I know, it's always a bit frightening to do that!) and used versafine ink to stamp the sentiment. I used a Martha Stewart heart punch for the other onesie. Then I realized that any little girl card should have some sparkle to it. So, I used my stickles to add some shine to the heart and to the "you" die cut. As a final touch, I added some faux stitching and the card was done. Now to see who is going to have a baby girl so that I can give them this card! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!