Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thinking of You

Hello everyone!

I'm popping in to share a card I made for a young lady who is struggling right now. Her name is Maddy and if you follow Simon Says Stamp! you probably already heard about her situation. Life isn't fair sometimes. But, we can all help each other through the hard times by encouraging one another and praying for each other. I'm also entering the card into a couple of different challenges in the hopes that more people come by the blog and also make cards for Maddy. First up is the Lawnscaping site that has a CAS challenge. Although the clean and simple look appears easy, it's actually not and I struggle with wanting to put more on the card when I participate in these types of challenges. The second challenge is from the Word Art Wednesday site. The challenge is "anything goes" but it also wants us to add an encouraging word. So, although the sentiment on my card is simply "thinking of you" it is an encouraging one for someone who is going through such a hard time. Below you'll find my card and the challenge badge.

I started out by using a VERY old square punch from Creative Memories to make those 3 windows. I then used a Flourish embossing folder from Cuttlebug and used my scoring board to add a couple of lines in between the embossed area and the windows. I punched out some butterflies (Martha Stewart) and then added some pearls to the center. Then, I stamped the sentiment (Teresa Collins, I believe) and heat embossed it. I layered the front of the card to some dark navy cardstock so that the butterflies would stand out a bit and then the card was done. Pretty easy...but hoping it brings a smile to Maddy's face. Please, if you have a bit of extra time, consider making a card for her. You can send cards to this address:

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Maddy Justice-Patient
262 Danny Thomas Place
Attention Mail Stop 108
Memphis, TN 38105

Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! See you soon!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely lovely! It will, no doubt, be a great blessing to her. I will most certainly send her a card as well - it's my pleasure to do it! I also prayed for her.

    Thanks for stopping by to fellowship and share your art in our challenge this week. I truly hope that you will come back by often and share more of your lovely art with us.

    Have a blessed week, and God bless you for being a blessing to others and for encouraging us all to do the same.

    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great CAS card! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet CAS card. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!