Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fun with Watercolors and a sketch

Hi again!

I hope everyone had a good day! I was able to enjoy a day to myself today as my husband took our sons to his work place for "Take your son to work" day. Although I had tons of errands to run in the morning, I had some time to craft later in the day.

The card I worked on incorporated two challenges. The first is the Moxie Fab World challenge that asked us to use watercolors in some way. The second is from the retro sketches site that gave a great sketch this week. Here's the sketch and my card.
Isn't this sketch adorable! I had so many different ideas for it! I'll be using it again, for sure! :) I wanted to use an adorable house made out of wood that I bought today at Michaels (Recollections brand). I used scraps of paper that I've had FOREVER and added some white stitching on the seam of the green and blue cardstock. To color the wood, I used my inktense watercolor pencils. I LOVE how they worked on wood! I used the bark color on the bottom part of the house and then used apple green and mustard on the roof. It's so nice to be able to mix colors with the pencils. I adhered the house using glossy accents so that I was assured it wouldn't fall off. I wanted to ground the image a bit, though, so I took my peeled paint distress marker and added some grass around the house with my water brush. The sentiment is from the dollar bin from a local craft store. Finally, a ribbon to go across the main panel and the card was done. Love how it turned out! So happy with my inktense pencils...totally worth the investment! (Granted, I had a 50% off coupon so the investment was even better!)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. cute card....the stitching on the sides is just so fun and works so well with your design....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!