Sunday, February 3, 2013

XO!

Hi all,

Not sure how many of you are watching the Superbowl today but I'm typing this as we gear up for the game. We have friends over and pizza should be arriving shortly...What remains to be seen if I'll stay the whole game or if I'll disappear and go play in my craft room! :)

I've been taking the online card class called "Clean and Simple 2" and I am playing around with a new technique on this card. I decided to play along with 3 different challenges for this card, too. First, the sketch from retro sketches. Then, I used the color inspiration from ColourQ. Lastly, the CAS-ual Fridays site wanted us to use letter dies on our cards so I'm playing there, too. Here are the badges and my card.
When I started this card, all I knew is that I wanted to incorporate a new technique...In the online class, Jennifer McGuire taught us how to do some gradient stamping and that's what I did here. Although I only used 3 colors, b/c of the way the image was inked it appears like there are more colors. The pattern was then cut out and put on the dark cardstock with white lines to outline the panel. I used my letter dies to cut out the x's and o's and used the Hugs and Kisses sentiment from Hero Arts. I then added some bling to the x's and sentiment and the card was done! :) The card took some practice with different inks but I like how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. wonderful take on the CQC colors! Love the "xo's" instead of hearts or flowers, very creative and fun card. Thanks so much for playing with us at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!