Sunday, February 3, 2013

Falling for You

Hi again,

Well, I chose to watch the Superbowl but got a chance to play once the kids were in bed. I really liked the sketch from unscripted sketches this week and I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it! Love it when that happens!!! Plus, the V's Sweet Ideas blog also wanted us to show them our "love" cards so my card worked for that challenge, too. Here's the sketch and my card:
One of the styles that I find the most difficult is the clean and simple style. I tend to love very elaborate-looking cards (though not time-consuming). And leaving tons of white space is hard for me! So, when the challenge in the online card class was to keep the card clean and simple and embrace the white space, I knew it would be hard. When I saw this sketch, though, I immediately knew I could use my arrow die and make a straight line towards the heart. With the white cardstock on the inside, the arrows really stand out nicely on the card, too. It still looked a bit too plain for me, though, so I added 3 scored lines to divide the card a bit and accentuate the arrows more. I then added the sentiment and chose 3 words with 3 pearls underneath--in the hopes that it would help repeat the pattern and make the card look cohesive. I did add glossy accents to the heart to dress that up a bit but then the card was done. I rounded the corners and fought the impulse of adding more stuff to it... You'd think not having so many elements on a card would make it easier--but it's the opposite for me! It makes me second guess everything! Oh well...overall, I'm happy with it. It's clean and simple and cute! :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Love those arrows ... such a fun design ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the arrows, great colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your card classes definitely paid off because this card is perfectly balanced. The scored lines really do ground the focal elements of your card. The arrows create the movement to the sweet little glossy heart. The three pearls also ground your sentiment...nothing worse than a sentiment that just seems to 'float'. A+ in my books! Thank you so much for using our Unscripted Sketch for your homework assignment and glad that you shared it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable - classy card! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute, Pat! LOVE the arrows and the embossed lines!! So glad you're playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge this month! (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love those arrows! Great to see your entry Pat! Thanks for joining us this month at V's sweet challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!