Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hang in there card

Hi all!

I've recently swapped my craft room and have been enjoying the new space immensely! So, tonight I went to play again. I chose to try the sketch from the Retro Sketches site. Here's the sketch and my card:
I have a lot of friends going through tough times right now...and the stories just get sadder and sadder. So, I wanted to make a card that would just make a friend smile and tell her that it'll get better--just hang in there...The bird cage is from the dollar bin at a local craft store. And the papers are from My Mind's Eye, I believe. I hand cut the branch myself and then embossed it w/a texture plate and then inked it with distress ink. The sentiment and bird are also from the dollar bin...love it when I can use stamps from the dollar bin!

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a great day!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!