Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A splash of color CAS card

Hi friends!

I hope everyone is having a good week so far! We've been busy on here getting back into the routine of homeschooling. So thankful we have a long weekend coming up!

I want to share a card I made tonight for a couple of different challenges. The first challenge is from the CAS-ual Fridays that asked us to make a thank you card. I was drawn to the challenge, not just b/c I have a ton of thank you cards I need to make, but also b/c I really want to improve the CAS style of cardmaking. The second challenge was from the Simon Says Stamp! blog. Their challenge is one of my favorites--make a black and white card with a splash of color. LOVE those!!!

Without further ado, here's the challenge badge and my card:
This is quite the stretch for me! I'm used to filling up the white space so this was new. But I did love the results! I masked off everything but the circle and sponged the circle with spiced marmalade distress ink. Then, I used my scoring board to frame out the panel. I used a dollar stamp for the shrub/branch image and then stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts. Quick card--and different for me...

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Pat!! Love your sponged effect and the scoring around the card is a wonderful touch...CAS sweet!! So happy you joined the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and serene scene you have created with this pop of yellow. Thank you for playing along with the Black and White with a Splash of Colour Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!