Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A very special card with a purpose

Hi everyone,

Before leaving for Mexico, I found out about a great idea from the Damask Love site. All of us are so heartbroken about the tragedy in CT. And Amber decided to get a art supply/cards/donation drive for those that survived this horrific ordeal.

Although I'll be out of the country, I wanted to make sure to send a card along. My kids and I will be making more once we return but, for now, I was able squeeze in time for one. And I used the sketch from the MOJO Monday site to help me out with a starting point.

Here's the sketch and my card:
Aren't these little moose cute? I thought they'd be perfect for the kids in CT. I actually colored in the moose using my new Inktense watercolor pencils--LOVE them! And I used a glaze black pen for their eyes and some stickles...and although I'm really happy with the card, I have to admit that making it made me very sad. Ugh...what is this world coming to?!

PLEASE, if you can, please check out the damask love site and see how you can help. This card is just a small way of showing these kids that we care.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. very cute... they will feel your love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those moose! Meese? Mooses?? LOL have fun with your new inktense pencils!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Love for you to visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!