Monday, December 10, 2012

A Play Date Bday Card

Hi everyone!

We've had a few babies born in our church and I was thrilled to make a cute easel card for a little boy. I used the colors from the latest Play Date Cafe challenge. Here's the color badge and my card:


Here's what it looks like when you open the card:
And here's a side view--you can see there's enough room to write a message, too.

This was such a fun card to make! I used a "J" b/c that's the first letter of the baby's name. The cute little hands and feet were stamped in chipped sapphire distress ink and I got the stamp for $1 at JoAnn's Fabric. Yay! And then I simply layered papers and followed the directions off of a youtube video to make the easel. It took a bit more time than a regular card--or even a gatefold card--but it's so cute!

Thanks for stopping by! And hope you are all having a great Monday!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love how the card is folded, very unique! The little hand and footprints are adorable, too. Thanks for playing along in the Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easel card is really cool! I love this idea for a baby card--it's a perfect way to personalize the card for each baby. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!