Sunday, November 11, 2012

Get well soon

Hi everyone!

I have a friend that isn't feeling great right now and I thought it'd be nice for him to receive a card...it's always nice to know you've been missed!

I used the sketch from the Unscripted sketches site. If you haven't checked out this site, it's a great one! There's a new sketch every Saturday and I try to play along as often as I can.

Here's the sketch and my card:
The striped paper is from "the paper stack" from DCWV. The tan strip I stamped repeatedly with the sentiment "get well soon". The sentiment is from Hampton Art. The band-aid and sentiment is a rubber stamp that I got from the dollar bin at Michael's (love it!). I didn't add a bow to the ribbon b/c it is a masculine card. But even the ribbon was a find at the dollar store and I've had it for YEARS!!! Unlike the small amounts of ribbon that come in scrapbooking/cardmaking kits, the ribbon you can find at the dollar store is like a big ball of yarn--only ribbon! :)

Hoping my friend feels better soon! And hoping you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. What a fun get well card ... love the stripes with the text ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great get well card, I am sure it will make your friend feel much better. That bandade image is just way to cute. Thanks for playing along at Unscripted Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! Love that bandaid! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card...love the image. Wonderful take on this week's sketch. Hope your friend feels better. Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes! You did an awesome job pulling all the colors from the patterned paper into the rest of the elements of your card. The centre sentiment panel reminds me of the peel off portion of the bandaids (usually where the brand name is repeatedly stamped). Well done! So glad that you chose to play along with or sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great get well card! Receiving this would certainly cheer me up! Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!