Friday, November 30, 2012

A Splash of Red Retro card

Hi everyone!

Is everyone as happy as I am that today's Friday?! I'm giddy with excitement! :) I'm hoping to have time to craft on Sat. evening and Sunday and that always makes me happy.

Today I'm sharing a card I'm entering in 2 different challenges. The first is the Play Date Cafe site that has my FAVORITE color combo--black and white with a bit of red. And the other is the retro sketches site. I love getting ideas from sketches and I really liked this one.

Here are the badges and my card:
I started out with black cardstock that I then stamped with polka dots and heat embossed white. Then, I used my script embossing folder and embossed that strip of red cardstock and inked just the embossed portion with white ink. I added some ribbon and made the bow using a technique I just learned from StampTV where the bow looks like it's wrapped around the entire card but it's not! I used a Sizzix die for the label and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp! apothecary labels--isn't the sentiment great?! I added some red gems on the label and it was done! I really like how it turned out...but, again, this is my favorite color combo!

Have a wonderful weekend! And thanks so much for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love that sentiment! Super cute@ Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!