Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch card (Post #2 for today)

Hi again!

I lucked out and was able to get some crafting time tonight...and I'm so happy right now! I hope you guys are planning on playing along with the AMAZING challenge at the Simon Says Stamp! blog this week. They have a prize that is GREAT! We had to use punches or dies--so I reached for my new faves--Simon Says Stamp! exclusive dies! But I needed some sketch inspiration so I jumped to the sweetest thing site. I try to play along with their sketches as often as I can--they're great! And this week was no exception!

Here's the sketch and then my card:
I started out with a dark brown card base and used DCWV's Mat Stack paper. I loved the rich color of the red pattern. Then, I die cut the chain-link fence die from Simon Says Stamp! in brown and the meadow rue die in white. I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in brown and then did some faux white stitching all along the card. I love how it turned out! Just a few gems and the card was done...

Seriously, join in on the challenge...up for grabs are many exclusive dies from Simon Says Stamp! and I LOVE the quality of their stuff!

Have a great weekend!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!