Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lawnscaping Sketch card

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is having a good week! I have been SUPER busy this week now that homeschooling is back in full swing! Between teaching, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and trying to find some time to exercise--it's been crazy! But, I have several b-days coming up that I needed to make sure got some attention. And I figured tonight was my best shot at getting some time in my room.

I hope everyone has been keeping up with the craze from Simon Says Stamps--they're celebrating STAMPtember and there's been tons of blog hops and chances to win! I figured I'd participate in the Lawnscaping sketch challenge and the Simon Says Stamp! challenge that wanted us to use a stamp on our project. Here's the sketch and my card:
I LOVED the sketch this week! As soon as I saw it, I knew what I would do with it! I used pattern paper from My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist) and some new stamps from Skipping Stones Designs. I stamped the hot air balloon on 3 different papers and then paper pieced it together. The sentiment is also from Skipping Stones. I added some faux white stitching and the card was done! Most complicated part was all the paper piecing but I really like the colors on this card!

I hope you guys can play along...there's some great prizes to be won!

Have a great rest of the week!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Thank you so much for playing along our sketch challenge at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful take on the challenge & a very detailed paper piecing!!Thank you for playing along at Lawncaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, love the hot air balloon

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the white stitch-lines around the card frame it all out so perfectly. Love the mix of papers you used! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!