Friday, September 28, 2012

Guest designing today!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share a card I did for a friend of mine on her blog. I was asked by my good friend, Grisel, to guest design and I hope you click here and check out her blog! We've been friends for many years and have both fallen in love with the cardmaking craft...I'm sure you all understand that, right? ;)

Here's my card:
For my card, I wanted to use a favorite sketch with a favorite technique and an odd element. I first stamped the Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp using broken china distress ink on white cardstock. Then, I stamped the Hero Arts Butterfly Garden over the script. I used an American Crafts Blender pen to color in the image using my distress inks. After coloring in the image, I used pattern papers from DCWV's Whimsy Matstack. I wanted the image to look a bit like we were looking out the window and seeing the grass and pretty flowers and butterflies. I notched out a half circle on both side papers. For the grass, I actually found some paint chips that were the perfect shade of green! The chip had a great texture to it because it's kind of grainy--so keep those paint chips because you may be able to use them on a project! (And they're readily accessible at any home improvement store!) I did add some glitter to the butterflies' bodies using a glitter pen and then added some pink gems to the side panels just to brighten it up a bit. The sentiment is on the inside and it simply says "Hope you have a super fun birthday"--sentiment also from Hero Arts.

It was so much fun guest designing and, again, don't forget to check out the post on Grisel's blog and see the other lovely cards on her site.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!