Monday, July 9, 2012

A summer card

Hello again, Yes, two posts in one day--and even in the same hour! I wanted to make sure to play along with a new blog. V's Sweet Ideas is hosting a challenge where they want you to make a summer card. You can obviously go many different ways for this challenge but I chose to go with a flower card. I also wanted to incorporate the sketch I found over at the retro sketches site. Here's the sketch...
















I have never had a green thumb. However, years ago I was watching QVC and they had the most spectacular flowers on there and I immediately knew I wanted to plant flowers. Ever since then, it has been my thrill to see my flowers blooming in our front yard. Hence the reason, for me, summer means flowers... Here's my card...
First, I used the Old Letter writing stamp from Hero Arts for the text in the background. Then, I used a cling Hero Arts flower stamp (sorry, I borrowed it and don't remember the name of the stamp) and stamped that with Versamark ink and embossed it clear. Then, I colored in the image using distress inks. I put a strip of white cardstock thru the cuttlebug and used the fancy writing embossing folder. I added some twine and buttons and the sentiment and it was done. It was a fun sketch to play with!

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Pat! Love how you incorporated so many techniques into your card!! And the buttons coordinate very well with the flower colors! SO glad you decided to play along with us at V's Sweet challenge! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! the flower image is just beautiful! You did an amazing job. I like how you used distress ink to color the image. I never tried that before. Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. Love how you colored those flowers! Love the text behind it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful! Love the colors. So glad you played RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are stunning!!! I love the soft quality about them! Thank you for joining us at V's Sweet challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - love your stamping, it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!