Saturday, June 23, 2012

the sweetest thing sketch and DT call...

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! My family and I were blessed to be able to go to the Portland Rescue Mission and give food to the homeless. It's the second time my oldest and I have gone--and the first time my 7 year old came. It was quite an eye-opening experience for him! Nothing like seeing how little others have to instill gratitude for God's blessings in your life and to teach compassion and empathy!

Tonight, I wanted to share a card I'm entering in the sweetest thing DT call. They provided a sketch and figured I'd have some fun with it and see what happens! :) Here's the sketch.















And here's my card.I chose to turn it counter-clockwise. Sometimes I'll leave the sketch as-is...but other times, it's fun to twist it a bit! This was one of those times! :)

I started out with the Three Penguins Hero Arts stamp. Aren't they cute?! I inked them in black ink and embossed them. Then, I colored them in and used a glitter pen on the striped scarves. I used a scallop punch to add a border and also added some red and white twine. All the papers are from My Mind's Eye (Merry Little Christmas). I know it's not even remotely close to winter--but why not get ready for the craziness of the season early? I added a few gems to the center red panel and also some faux stitching on all the papers. I added a glittered snowflake and a smaller brad snowflake and then stamped the sentiment. I love how cute it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Sunday!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!