Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Sunday! Mine was great--beginning with the fact that I didn't get out of bed til 11:30! :) And I was crafting away by 3 p.m. so it was a good day all around! I am a big fan of the Lily Pad Cards site and when I saw the color challenge, I knew I wanted to give it a try. Here's the color palette:
Those that know me, know I'm not a fan of pink...a bit too girly for me...but I try to participate in pink color challenges to force myself to use a not-so-fave color. And, I have to admit, that this card actually DID make me smile...
Here's my card: I started out with a tan colored base and then embossed some kraft-colored cardstock. The cardstock was too light so I inked it using some vintage photo distress ink and then embossed it. I cut out the butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch and then added glitter to it using a stardust pen (LOVE it!). I then added some ribbon but the ribbon was too light, too, so I grabbed the worn lipstick distress ink and inked the ribbon, too. Mounted the butterflies on some textured brown cardstock which I punched out using some old Creative Memories punches. Love how this card turned out... Thanks for stopping by--and have a great week! Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pat, I'm so glad you gave this a try - your card is lovely! I especially like that you added embossing. Thanks so much for joining us again at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card Pat...love the way the ribbon at the bottom is behind the punched square...such a neat look and love the soft pink butterflies. Thanks for playing along with "Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Color Challenge" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!