Sunday, March 18, 2012

A bit of Green

Hi everyone, I've read many people blogs when they say this hobby is like therapy...I can't agree more! I escaped to my room this afternoon, turned on some Christian music and felt myself being refreshed... There's a special b-day coming up. And I figured I'd enter the card into the Simon Says Stamp "Bit o' Green" challenge. Not a huge fan of green but turns out, for this card, it worked perfectly to have just a bit o' green! :)
Here's my card. I chose to use a cuttlebug embossing and die cutting folder. I inked up the embossed areas with worn lipstick distress ink and then inked the pink paper with the same distress ink to match the embossing. I scalloped the edge and then used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterfly. I knew I wanted some contrast so I used some mossy green gems and added those to the centers of the flowers and the middle of the butterfly. I used a black glaze pen for the antennae and the added some white ribbon to the side of the card. The inside of the card has the sentiment and another butterfly that is stamped in the distress ink color and spritzed with a tattered angels mist. Not a very hard card to do--and I love the look of it! :) Thanks for stopping by--and hope you can join the fun, too! Pat

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know the first reason why I love this card!!! HA! (; I also LOVE the clean & simple style!! I LOVE that butterfly... I want it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Very elegant!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!