Thursday, January 26, 2012

MOJO Monday combo

Hi everyone!

This week has flown by for me and I hope everyone has had a good one...I was able to enjoy some crafting time tonight and finally used some new Hero Arts stamps to complete the MOJO Monday sketch and a local craft store challenge, too.

Here's the sketch from MOJO Monday:
I love the sketch and figured I'd combine the challenge with a cardmaking club challenge. I had to use pink cardstock as the base to my card and include a heart-shaped paper clip, too.







And here's my card:
I knew that I wanted to use red, white, and black as the color scheme. I embossed 2 of the white squares and 2 of the black squares with my cuttlebug. Then, using the XO stamp from Hero Arts, I heat embossed the 2 letters. I used the sentiment from the & set (again, from Hero Arts) and embossed that in silver, too. I added some faux stitching with a silver pen. Using an EK Success Heart punch, I added the big heart to the white square and the smaller heart to the center panel. I had to use the paper clip so I picked the other white square and used glossy accents to adhere it. (That adhesive is amazing--I even used it the other day to fix a broken heel on my shoe!)

I am LOVING the new Hero Arts stamps...So fun to work with new stamps!

Have a great weekend!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!