Saturday, December 3, 2011

CAS-ual Friday challenge and Wee Memories

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I was introduced to letterboxing today. It's kind of like geocache but without the GPS. We got to hike around a park and use clues to find boxes hidden around the park...It was fun--cold, but fun!

After a fun afternoon, nothing beats relaxing and crafting! I thought I'd combine two current challenges. One is from the CAS-ual Fridays site and the other is from the Wee Memories site. The Wee Memories site was gracious enough to let us have a "free for all" challenge and those are always fun b/c you can simply get creative without any restrictions. The CAS-ual Fridays site, however, had quite the creative way of displaying their challenge. Here it is:

I was intrigued the moment I saw the tic-tac-toe board! I started writing down all the possible combinations (as my husband sat there watching me and wondering what I was doing!) and then sat in my craft room wondering what would work best for me. Here's what I came up with...

I decided I'd go straight down the middle for my card combo. I wanted polka dots, kraft, and orange. I knew I had some polka dotted orange pattern paper and it was a matter of finding it! I found the Bright and Basic Recollections paper pack. I used a sketch for the design and simply laid out the papers and then added the strip of kraft-colored paper down the center. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I added the butterfly with a Fiskars punch (I think) and added some faux polka dots to it with a white pen. I added the faux stitches and then some buttons with pearls. Easy card--and easy to replicate. But I really enjoyed the way the challenge was laid out so I may try another combo before the challenge is over. :)

Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. I must say that you made an excellent choice for the middle row! This card is GORGEOUS!! All the elements work so beautifully together! I had to smile about your hubby looking at you copying down the tic tac toe :) It's the same funny scene in my household!! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your choices for this fun challenge on Casual Fridays and thank you so much for sharing this with Wee Memories as well! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is splendid! I would have gone for the polka dots too!!! My hubs once walked up behind me when I was die cutting~he told me I looked like a mad scientist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cars, Pat. Love the colors you used and the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!