Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An anniversary card

Hi all!

Halfway through the week and just another week to go before Thanksgiving is here! Wow--feels like this holiday surely snuck up on me! But I have plenty to be grateful for and it's a time that our family makes it a point to count our blessings and thank God for His many, many blessings.

I wanted to share a quick card. I was asked to make an anniversary card that had a heart on it and I thought I'd play around with some frantage. I got it on Sat. night and have been dying to try it out! It's like an embossing powder and glitter all mixed into one!

Here's my card.
I started out using my Hero Arts dots and flowers background stamp and inked it with silver pigment ink on some pink cardstock. Heat embossed and mounted that on gray cardstock. Then, using a heart cling from Hero Arts, I used the versamark and then poured the pink frantage on it. Heat embossed it (from underneath the paper) and then put some pink rhinestones on it. Cut the heart out using my spellbinders label and then added some white ribbon behind the heart. Done! Inside, the card says "happy anniversary".

Not sure yet if I love the frantage...I find the glitter to be annoying b/c it tends to splatter everywhere it's not supposed to. BUT, I've only tried it w/two different stamps. It could be that the bigger the stamp, the better it works...I'll have to keep playing with it.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!