Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge

I can hardly believe I was able to post 3 different cards today! THAT hasn't ever happened! :) But nothing beats having inked up fingers and this card surely gave me some inky ones!

The Lily Pad website has a great color challenge going on right now. Here's their color palette:










I'll admit that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to incorporate those colors but here's my take on challenge...
Turns out I had the greenish-teal color cardstock on hand and I chose to make that the base of the card. I then took white cardstock and inked up the "Happy" definition stamp from Hero Arts in Tea Dye distress ink. Then, using brown pigment ink, I stamped the Dancing with Flowers image from Hero Arts and heat embossed it w/clear powder. Then, the fun began! I took the mustard seed distress ink and inked the entire card. Then, about midway up the image, I added some spiced marmalade distress ink. Finally, I added some fired brick distress ink towards the top of the image. It looks like a great sunset--and what a great image of kids enjoying the sunset, too. I then mounted the cardstock on brown cardstock and used my EK Success punch for a border on the bottom. I added some yellow ribbon and then grabbed a paper flower, added some script writing to it, colored it lightly with fired brick distress ink, and added that to the panel. Then, I added a pearl colored button w/twine and stamped the sentiment. A fun card! Can't wait to play with this stamp in other color combos, too!

Hope you can play, too...
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Pat - love this. Fab take on the colour challenge. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment - I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the colors, Pat! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the Lily Pad Palette colors on this joyful card! Beautiful layered stamping, too. I'm so glad you joined us in the Lily Pad pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love how you used the colors in the palette so clever & creative not to mention beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Lily Pad's Color Pad Palette Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!