Thursday, September 29, 2011

White + One PaperPlay challenge

Well, I contemplated going to bed early...but apparently making a card was way more fun! :) Who needs sleep?!

I was looking through a new challenge site--PaperPlay--and I thought their challenge was great! I stumbled on their site but I think I'll enjoy playing along here a lot! This week's challenge was to make a card with the color white plus one more color.

I don't know if this happens to everyone at one time or another but I knew EXACTLY what I would do for this challenge. I love it when that happens! I knew the colors, I knew the ink, I knew the ribbon, I was ready to go! Maybe that's why I postponed my bedtime--I knew exactly what I'd be doing and I knew it'd be quick! :)

Here's my card:

I used a Sizzix embossing folder but only embossed 2/3 of it and then mounted it on teal colored paper. I knew I had a satin ribbon that matched it and then realized that the broken china distress ink is also pretty close in color. I stamped the sentiment and added a few pearls and the card was done! Although the card is super easy, I LOVE these kinds of cards...they're quick and elegant-looking cards...

Thanks for stopping by...and now I really am off to bed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!