Thursday, September 29, 2011

SSSC136 and Lily Pad's Bling Challenge

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's had a good week. I've been itching to get in my room and tonight I finally got a chance! :)

The sweetest thing has a great sketch challenge this week. Here it is:

Another favorite site of mine also has a challenge. Lily Pad cards. Their challenge was to make a card and put some bling on it. Figured I'd try to incorporate the sketch and see if I could add a bit of bling to it, too!







Here's my card:

I went with some pattern paper and then cut out a strip of orange and kraft cardstock. I used my EK Success punch on the orange strip and then used vintage photo distress ink on the kraft cardstock to help add some depth of color to it. Then I used a stamp from Hero Arts and stamped the sentiment in orange. I decided to add some rhinestones on the side of the strips--sensed it needed some bling!--and then added some stickles to the flowers on the stamped image.

Thanks for stopping by...and for the sweet comments--they put a smile on my face! :)
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!