Sunday, September 25, 2011

MOJO 207, WMC 69, and Lawnscaping Challenge #18

Hi everyone!

We are having a quiet, rainy Sunday here at home...and we're loving it! The hubby is working on his photography blog and the kids are playing with Legos and I got to enjoy some playtime in my room!

Where to even begin with all the challenges?! Well, like I said, it had been a busy week so I knew the MOJO challenge, found here, would have to wait til Sunday. Then, I saw the Lawnscaping challenge, found here, and I knew I'd want to try to combine those. Their challenge was to use text on a card somehow. I LOVE using text--like those "happy" or "thank you" definition stamps from Hero Arts--LOVE THOSE! So, I thought I'd go that route somehow. This morning, though, I saw the Wee Memories challenge, found here, and wondered, "Is there any way to combine all three?". Their challenge was to use pattern paper. And I had just won tons of it from my local scrapbooking store. Is it possible to combine these 3 great challenges? Well, there is! Or, at least, I tried! :)

Here's the sketch I had to work off of for MOJO Monday:

















And here's my card.
I started out by going through my 6x6 stack called "Once Upon a Time". Like I said, I won this stack so I thought it'd be neat to try to use some of these "new-to-me" papers. One great thing about paper stacks is that the papers coordinate. So, I picked these 4 papers and basically followed the sketch. My "text" for Lawnscaping was the text paper which looks like a fairy tale story about a princess. I inked up the edges with vintage photo distress ink to add a bit more dimension to it. Then, I punched out a butterfly with my Martha Stewart punch and added some purple gems to bring in the purple background again. I added a braided paper punch to the sentiment and I was done!

Honestly, I don't do many different pattern paper combo cards. I always found them a bit intimidating. I always thought, "there's no way I can combine so many different patterns on a card AND make them look decent". But, using the coordinating paper stack definitely made things easier and the card was fun to build!

Hope you can play along--these were great challenges!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Such great colours. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and great way of combining three fabulous challenges! Love that butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping and Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love that butterfly!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!