Monday, August 15, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #16

Hi all!

Well, I got to enjoy a bit of down time since we're down to one car for a few days. Not sure if I'm hoping my hubby's car will get fixed soon or not! :)

The latest challenge over on the lawnscaping website is to create a one-layer card. When I started stamping, the very generous Jennifer McGuire found out I was new to the hobby and was kind enough to send me some stamps. I hadn't used this one yet and figured it was time! :)




First, I used some Broken China Distress ink to ink the sky. Then, I took Pine Needles distress ink and used that for the grass. I took the Hero Arts Butterfly Garden stamp and stamped it along the bottom of the card twice in black ink. I colored in the flowers and butterflies using Glaze Pens. Then I added the sentiment on some cardstock that I notched to look like a banner and then used my Tim Holtz piercing ruler to add the faux stitching along the edges of the card. Only details that isn't "one layer" are the clouds. They just didn't show up well when I stamped them on the cardstock so I did stamp those on a separate paper and cut them out and adhered them. Final step was just to adhere the card to the craft-colored base and the card was finished! Definitely a simple card--thought maybe more for young girls since it's kindda cutesy but I enjoyed the challenged! :)

If you want to play along, you can participate here.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and colorful scene you have created here! Makes me want to go outside to my butterfly garden but it's too blasted hot here in Florida! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!