Friday, July 15, 2011

Thinking of you

There's nothing like chatting w/an old friend over the phone. I have a friend that moved about 6 hours away and we had the chance to catch up the other day. I hung up and realized just how much I miss her. I miss her being around. I miss seeing her playing w/my kids. Funny how emotions come up after chatting w/loved ones.

So, I decided to make a card for my friend. To be honest, my son had written a very special note to her and I thought it was the perfect excuse to also tell her how much I miss her.

I love using reverse image stamps. First, though, I took a definition stamp and stamped the white cardstock w/it. Then the fun begins! I love embossing the reversed stamped image and then using distress inks to color the image in--so easy and fun! I mounted the image on a piece of red cardstock which had been punched w/a braid punch. Then, I added a bit of twine to finish off the card and the sentiment was placed on 1/2 a label. Voila! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love how your Flower images came out, still showing just a bit of the text behind. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!