Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RCC13

It's time to get ready for Christmas! OK, not really...but w/the latest challenge over on the ribbon carousel blog, I was inspired to go w/a Christmas card! It's my first time participating in this challenge and I knew which card direction to go...

The challenge: basically do a card w/anything that comes off a spool. Easy enough! :)

So, here's my card. I used the music note stamp and embossed it w/gold powder. Then, I stamped the Christmas ornaments (these are clear stamps that are part of a holiday set. Bought them at a scrapbooking show, though, and can't find the company's name--sorry!). I cut them out, embossed them also, and colored in portions of 'em. Then I tied some gold twine to attach the ornaments and I was done! Mounted it on some red cardstock and I love the look of the card. Makes me think of singing Christmas carols, that's for sure!


If you want to play along, check them out at: http://ribboncarouselchallenge.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by...and for the sweet comments people have been leaving, too! They sure do make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get cranking on my Christmas ideas---I always feel so behind by the time December rolls around. I love the gold twine; it really makes your ornaments pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!